Vandewiele is an international machine builder and technology developer.
Our HQ is located in Kortrijk. Worldwide, 450 engineers, a hundred of them in Belgium, work on the development of innovative and high-tech textile machines. We also have a state-of-the-art production system, where the entire process from A to Z is realised in-house.
To further strengthen our team, we are currently looking for technical buyers.
Depending on your experience and/or interests, you will be responsible for one of the following areas: mechanics/machining, electronics, drive and control technologies, assembly, raw materials and fittings.
A selection of your varied range of tasks:
- You initiate, negotiate and conclude (framework) contracts with preferred suppliers.
- You interpret order proposals from the ERP system and convert them into orders.
- You consult with suppliers and internal customers to provide the best service at the best negotiated cost.
- You follow up open orders and deliveries in order to deliver to customers on time.
- You regularly evaluate our supplier base and look for new opportunities. You evaluate and select new suppliers in an international context.
- You carry out market research to advise your internal customers.
- You have an eye for new production techniques and discuss this with our R&D and production department.
- You handle customer questions ranging from quality deviations to invoice problems.
- You report to the purchasing manager.
- You hold a Master's degree in Industrial Sciences Electromechanics, Electrical Engineering, Electronics or are equivalent through experience.
- Purchasing experience within a technical environment is a plus.
- You have a broad technical and commercial interest.
- You are a solid negotiator who can make agreements in an assertive and communicative way.
- You are fluent in French and English or are willing to perfect your language skills. Knowledge of German is a plus.
- You are a team player, but you can also work autonomously.
- You are stress-resistant and able to set priorities while keeping a clear overview.
- You are prepared to regularly visit suppliers and/or trade fairs abroad.
- You will be working in an international, high-tech and innovative context.
- You will work in a healthy company with the clout of a large enterprise and the dynamism and flexibility of a family business.
- In this job, you can work independently, where your own input and new insights are highly valued.
- You will have the opportunity to grow with the help of a well-supervised induction period complemented by extensive internal and external training opportunities.
- We offer you a motivating remuneration in accordance with your function and profile. With us, you get the chance to join a cafeteria plan, where you can put together your own package of fringe benefits (including a company car with fuel card).
- Finally, you will enjoy sliding hours, home working and a family-friendly leave scheme with 38 days off.
Why you and Vandewiele?
Dynamic persons fit a dynamic company
You will be working in a high-tech setting where you will learn a lot
You will get proper coaching by an expert in the field with whom you will have daily contact for consultation
We strive for a concrete realization of the findings from the project within the period of the internship or bachelor/master thesis.
We have a fix number of opportunities for technical talent, which makes is very likely that after your internship or bachelor/master thesis you will find a regular job at our company.