Software Test Engineer
- Research & Development
Vandewiele is a market leader in developing, manufacturing and installing high-tech innovative carpet and velvet weaving machines.
As electronics play an increasingly crucial role in our machines we want to further strengthen our multidisciplinary R&D team, with a creative Software Test Engineer
As a Software Test Engineer, you will work out an automated test environment for embedded software applications for challenging and high technological machines. You will be in close contact with both the embedded software development team and the test team.
Your experience in software testing will be of great value to design and setup a configurable automated TEST environment, that will be integrated as much as possible in the CI/CD development method.
You will work out a methodology for testing functionality on multiple devices, you will define the correct test scripts and support the software team in developing the necessary testcases for the applications.
You will guide the setup and maintenance of the new test infrastructure and you will optimize the CI/CD pipelines for the developers.
- You have a master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- You have a background in the development of (real-time) embedded software applications. You have a good knowledge of OO programming, embedded operating systems, fieldbuses and communication protocols. Experience in Python is a plus.
- You have experience in TEST systems and in the automation pipelines for these systems.
- Interest and experience in industrial and mechatronic devices, actors, sensors, and motors is a big advantage.
- You are able to work fluently with modern tools and technology and you are eager to learn new programming scripts and languages.
- You have a proactive attitude in order to identify all needs for a new and modern test environment and extended test cases.
- You have good communication skills that allow you to make the bridge between the developer’s team and the test team.
- A job in an international company with the strength of a large enterprise and the dynamism and flexibility of a family business.
- A stimulating environment in which you will work closely with other international R&D departments as well as renowned research centres.
- You will have the opportunity to work both independently and in a team on challenging projects.
- You get a say in the implementation of the various applications. Your input and insights are highly valued.
- You will have the opportunity to grow by means of a well-supervised introduction period, supplemented by extensive internal and external training opportunities.
- We offer you a motivating remuneration in accordance with your function and profile. You will have the opportunity to join a flexible benefits plan, where you can put together your own benefit package (amongst others: company car with fuel card).
- Finally you will enjoy flexible hours, work at home and a family-friendly leave arrangement with yearly 38 days of leave.
Why you and Vandewiele?
Dynamic persons fit a dynamic company
You will be working in a high-tech setting where you will learn a lot
You will get proper coaching by an expert in the field with whom you will have daily contact for consultation
We strive for a concrete realization of the findings from the project within the period of the internship or bachelor/master thesis.
We have a fix number of opportunities for technical talent, which makes is very likely that after your internship or bachelor/master thesis you will find a regular job at our company.