Infrastructure & Cloud Engineer
VANDEWIELE is an international group with 4,000 employees, active worldwide in mechanical engineering and technology development.
Its head office is located in Kortrijk and employs 600 people. Here, about a hundred engineers are working daily on the design, conceptualisation and development of innovative machine (optimisations) for the textile industry. Machine production is realised from A to Z in a state-of-the-art production environment.
The IT department in Kortrijk consists of more than 20 internal employees and is divided into 2 teams: infrastructure (networks & security, servers, virtual servers, storage, backup, Azure, Office 365 & Teams, clients, mobile clients) and business applications (CRM, ERP, CAD/PLM, CAD/CAM, MES/WMS). Together with the IT suppliers, they are responsible for IT services at group level.
After an extensive introduction and guidance, you will be jointly responsible for the infrastructure of the Vandewiele group (worldwide), both on-premise and cloud.
Together with colleagues, you will work in a rotating system. Consequently, your time is divided weekly across the following three main domains:
- The first part involves coordinating and assigning issues that are captured via the ticketing system. As a first-line helpdesk, you also resolve some of these tickets yourself.
- The second part concerns the second- and third-line helpdesk, where you come into contact with various infrastructures, technologies and integrations. You will analyse hardware and software incidents and resolve them, where necessary in cooperation with the supplier.
- The third domain involves collaborating on renewal projects and migrations. In doing so, you may delve into one or more specific domains such as Virtualisation, Networking, Security, Office 365, End-user Devices, Storage, High-Availability & Disaster recovery, Datacenter, Mobility, Communication, Azure, ...
You will report to the IT Manager Infrastructure.
- You enjoyed a higher education in an IT-related field and have relevant work experience.
- You have a thorough knowledge of:
- Windows Server, Windows, Office 365
- Networkconcepts and protocols
- You have "administrator" experience with several of the following products and technologies:
- Azure AD, Office 365, Exchange Online, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint Online
- Azure Cloud (networking, security, virtual servers, cloud services)
- Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD)
- Network switches, firewalls
- Servers & storage, virtualisatie (VMWare & Hyper-V), backup (Veeam)
- Citrix Netscaler, Virtual Apps (XenApp), Virtual Desktop (Xendesktop)
- SQL Server
- Analysing and solving problems in network environments is in your genes.
- You are a team player, but can also work independently.
- You are eager to learn and focused on self-development.
- You are communicative and have a customer-oriented hands-on mentality
- You communicate fluently in English and Dutch (both spoken and written) and have notions of French.
- You will work in an international, high-tech and innovative context in which you will work closely with our foreign colleagues.
- You will have the opportunity to grow based on your own interests and strengths through a well-supervised induction period and extensive internal and external training opportunities.
- You can work both independently and in a team on challenging projects, where your own input and new insights are highly valued.
- We offer you a motivating remuneration in accordance with your function and profile. With us, you get the opportunity to join a flexible benefits plan, where you can put together your own package of fringe benefits (including a company car with fuel card).
- Finally, you will enjoy sliding hours and a family-friendly leave scheme with 38 days off.
Why you and Vandewiele?
Dynamic persons fit a dynamic company
You will be working in a high-tech setting where you will learn a lot
You will get proper coaching by an expert in the field with whom you will have daily contact for consultation
We strive for a concrete realization of the findings from the project within the period of the internship or bachelor/master thesis.
We have a fix number of opportunities for technical talent, which makes is very likely that after your internship or bachelor/master thesis you will find a regular job at our company.